Monday, June 16, 2008
Twice today I thought I was 18, then had to remind myself that I'm actually older. Not by much, but there is a certain symmetry in being 18 in 2008, despite knowing I was born in 1988. I don't suppose to explain how my mind jumps.

A week or so ago a then coworker at Lush told me I ought to look into DJing. It had something to do with the mountain of mixtapes I made and 'the nice progression with songs'. She had no idea how much she fed my ego with that simple suggestion. Since I first realized what a mix was, I've been after my dad, my friends, and finally when I got my own computer, myself (if that makes sense) to make as many mixes as could possibly fit my current mood, or state of being. Hell, I wrote my transfer essay on it.

My first mix led my dad to accuse me of musical ADHD. I think I've come a long way.

I want to get involved in the radio at my new school in the fall. There will be no BU Central, and I think radio is my best shot for filling the musical void. Here's hoping they know what they're getting into.

Labels: ,

posted by Courtney at 8:07 PM |

1 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
When I get my show on WTBU, I am having a Courtney Day. For serious.