Monday, March 31, 2008
It's been forever since I updated this, and for those of you who read it (erm... no one?) sorry. I will say that yesterday was Daylight Savings in Ireland and I celebrated jumping forward an hour by oversleeping an hour today. Somehow, I still made it to work on time. I think it's a combination of me booking it down O'Connell/Grafton and the fact that the buses worked in my favor. You see, rush hour lasts from 7 am to 10 am, which means that the bus you get on at 9 will either get you from DCU to downtown in T minus 20 minutes, or be an agonizing 45 minutes of hell where you watch yourself run later and later.
Inevitably, someone will be playing music on their cellphone.

This does not mean they will be listening to music on their cellphone. Oh no! This means they will be using their cellphone a la "Say Anything", blasting out shitty music on their shitty cellphone speakers because let's face it, who doesn't want to listen to the same tinny pop music songs over and over?

Not to say I'm bitter. I actually kind of like my commute. It's just enough time for an episode of 'This American Life' or 'Studio 360', or to get in a full album or sometimes a playlist. I'm revisiting some old sonic friends.

Labels: , ,

posted by Courtney at 3:46 PM |

0 Comments: